Basic SWAT Tactical Medic, this course is designed to create tactically sound medics who will support police SWAT teams and other tactical operations. During the course tactical medics are taught proper tactical medic skills combined with proper tactics. The tactical medic course places a high focus on personnel who wish to be assigned to a Tactical Emergency Medical Support (TEMS) team.
- History of SWAT and Tactical EMS
- Integration of TEMS / SWAT Medic into tactical operations
- Team organization and structure
- Elements of common SWAT missions
- Structure clearing – Dynamic and Deliberate
- Chemical agents and Less-lethal options
- Medical considerations of less-lethal munitions
- Medical Mission Analysis (Pre-plan)
- Use of cover and concealment during medical treatment
- Medical considerations for SWAT team wellness
- Tactical Airway, Wound ballistics, and hemorrhage control
- Officer-Down medical treatment and rescue techniques
- Basic SWAT firearms skills and familiarization of tactical weapons systems
- Medical treatment in adverse conditions (low-light and gas mask)
NAEMT TCCC-MP Certification Included:
Conducted in conjunction with 911TACMED, the Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC) course introduces evidence-based, life-saving techniques and strategies for providing the best trauma care on the battlefield. NAEMT conducts TCCC courses under the auspices of its PHTLS program, the recognized world leader in pre-hospital trauma education. NAEMT’s TCCC courses use the PHTLS Military textbook and are fully compliant with the Department of Defense’s Committee on Tactical Combat Casualty Care (CoTCCC) guidelines. It is the only TCCC course endorsed by the American College of Surgeons. The TCCC-MP (TCCC for Medical Personnel) course is designed for combat EMS/military personnel, including medics, corpsmen, and pararescue personnel deploying in support of combat operations. NAEMT’s TCCC course is accredited by the Continuing Education Coordinating Board for Emergency Medical Services (CECBEMS) and recognized by the National Registry of EMTs (NREMT).
EMT BASIC Certification and above. This course will utilize live fire and force on force drills, students must be in good physical condition. (Other medical certifications are accepted on a case by case basis). There will be a pass/fail physical assessment the first day of SWAT School (day 3 – Monday). Students should show up for class in PT gear -bring clothes to change after. Students failing the physical assessment will receive a certificate of attendance for the portions completed and will be dismissed from the SWAT portion of the course. The PT test is the Cooper “Single Cut-Point” standard: 1.5 mile run in 16:28, 300 meter run in 1:11, 25 push-ups in 1 Minute, 29 sit-ups in 1 minute.
Required Equipment List:
Training Uniform – BDU or other similar tactical uniform, tactical boots, body armor w/ pouches for personal equipment / magazines, duty belt with holster and magazine pouch, water bottle or similar hydration system, smoke and clear eye protection, ear protection, gas mask, gloves, helmet, snacks, weather appropriate gear, ball cap, note taking materials.
Medical Equipment – All medical gear is provided by 911Tacmed – you may bring personal IFAK’s or aid bags for instructor review, but the contents will not be used during the course.
PT Gear – Running Shoes, Shorts, T-shirt.
We have limited sets of individual gear for rental or purchase. If there is something you do not have, contact us email@example.com
Weapons and Ammunition:
- Students bringing weapons – Zeroed M4 or Duty issued rifle with 300 rounds, 4 magazines, and a sling, Duty issued handgun with 200 rounds, a holster, and 3 magazines. Simmunitions / UTM conversion kit with 100 rounds and protective gear
- Students renting weapons but bringing ammo – Bring 300 rounds of 5.56 ammunition and 200 rounds of 9mm ammunition – BRASS CASE ONLY, NO RELOADS. Simmunitions / UTM conversions kits and protective gear will be provided, additional UTM ammunition is available for purchase.
Special Operations Systems – Range 35
11641 S. Interstate 35W, Grandview, TX 76050
Course begins at 0800 – Day 1
Comfort Suites Hotel
400 Village Park Dr., Alvarado, TX 76009
Rate Code: RANGE 35 (Rate code is available by calling the hotel directly)
Rate: $59.00 King – $69.00 double queen
76 hours TCOLE Credit – BASIC SWAT
16 hours CEPAC hrs – NAEMT – TCCC-MP Card
ISBC – Tactical Responder (TR-C) / Tactical Paramedic Review Course (TP-C)
Cost: $800.00 per student