BASIC SWAT / TACTICAL MEDIC COURSE
Basic SWAT Tactical Medic, this course is designed to create tactically sound medics who will support police SWAT teams and other tactical operations. During the course tactical medics are taught proper tactical medic skills combined with proper tactics. The tactical medic course places a high focus on personnel who wish to be assigned to a Tactical Emergency Medical Support (TEMS) team.
· History of SWAT and Tactical EMS
· Integration of TEMS / SWAT Medic into tactical operations
· Team organization and structure
· Elements of common SWAT missions
· Structure clearing – Dynamic and Deliberate
· Chemical agents and Less-lethal options
· Medical considerations of less-lethal munitions
· Medical Mission Analysis (Pre-plan)
· Use of cover and concealment during medical treatment
· Medical considerations for SWAT team wellness
· Tactical Airway, Wound ballistics, and hemorrhage control
· Officer-Down medical treatment and rescue techniques
· Basic SWAT firearms skills and familiarization of tactical weapons systems
· Medical treatment in adverse conditions (low-light and gas mask)
DURATION: 70 HOURS
NAEMT TCCC Certification Included:
Conducted in conjunction with 911TACMED, the Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC) course introduces evidence-based, life-saving techniques and strategies for providing the best trauma care on the battlefield. NAEMT conducts TCCC courses under the auspices of its PHTLS program, the recognized world leader in pre-hospital trauma education. NAEMT’s TCCC courses use the PHTLS Military textbook and are fully compliant with the Department of Defense’s Committee on Tactical Combat Casualty Care (CoTCCC) guidelines. It is the only TCCC course endorsed by the American College of Surgeons. The TCCC-MP (TCCC for Medical Personnel) course is designed for combat EMS/military personnel, including medics, corpsmen, and pararescue personnel deploying in support of combat operations. NAEMT’s TCCC course is accredited by the Continuing Education Coordinating Board for Emergency Medical Services (CECBEMS) and recognized by the National Registry of EMTs (NREMT).
EMT BASIC Certification and above. This course will utilize live fire and force on force drills, students must be in good physical condition. (Other medical certifications are accepted on a case by case basis). There will be a pass/fail physical assessment the first day of class. Students should show up for class in PT gear -bring clothes to change after. Students failing the physical assessment receive a certificate of attendance rather than a certificate of completion. The PT test is the Cooper “Single Cut-Point” standard: 1.5 mile run in 16:28, 300 meter run in 1:11, 25 push-ups in 1 Minute, 29 sit-ups in 1 minute.
Required Equipment List:
PT Gear – (Running Shoes, Shorts, T-shirt), BDU or other similar tactical uniform, Tactical boots, Body armor, Duty belt with Holster, Load bearing vest or web gear, Water Bottle or similar device, Eye protection, Ear protection, Gas mask, Gloves, Helmet, snacks, weather appropriate gear, note taking materials. Issued Trauma bag and/or IFAK (optional) – (We have limited sets of individual gear for use if there is something you do not have, contact us.)
Weapons and Ammunition:
- Certified Peace Officer’s – M4 or Duty issued rifle with 300 rounds and a sling, Duty issued handgun with 200 rounds and 3 magazines. Simmunitions / UTM weapon with 100 rounds and protective gear
- Firefighters / Medical Personnel – Weapons may be provided, bring 300 rounds of 5.56 ammunition and 200 rounds of 9mm ammunition – NO RELOADS. Simmunitions / UTM and protective gear will be provided.
Special Operations Systems – Range 35
11641 S. Interstate 35W, Grandview, TX 76050
Course begins at 0800 – Day 1
Comfort Suites Hotel
400 Village Park Dr., Alvarado, TX 76009
Rate Code: RANGE 35 Rate: $59.00 King – $69.00 double queen
- 60 hours TCOLE Credit – BASIC SWAT
- 16 hours NAEMT – TCCC-MP Card
- $800.00 per student
Bookings are closed for this event.