The Basic SWAT course is designed to provide law enforcement students with an understanding and application of Basic SWAT tactics, techniques and procedures during critical incidents. Students will be exposed to common SWAT missions such as High-Risk Warrant Service, Barricade Persons, and Hostage Rescue tactics. The course will provide lecture and demonstrations with scenario-based exercises.
Course content includes:
- SWAT History / Equipment and weapon selection
- Tactical Planning / Intelligence Gathering
- Tactical Performance Handgun Skills
- Tactical Performance Carbine Skills
- Cover and Concealment
- Team Building Skills
- Team Movement
- Covert and Dynamic Entry Techniques
- Vehicle Assault Tactics
- Less Lethal and Diversionary Device Deployment
- Legal Issues
Pre-requisite: Certified Peace Officers / Active Duty Military – This course is hosted based on current TCOLE Standards. There will be a pass/fail physical assessment the morning of the first day of class (day 1 – Monday). Students should show up for class in PT gear -bring clothes to change after. Students should show up for class in PT gear -bring clothes to change after. Students failing the physical assessment will be dismissed from the course. The PT test is the Cooper “Single Cut-Point” standard: 1.5 mile run in 16:28, 300 meter run in 1:11, 25 push-ups in 1 Minute, 29 sit-ups in 1 minute.
Required Equipment List:
Training Uniform – BDU or other similar tactical uniform, tactical boots, body armor w/ pouches for personal equipment / magazines, duty belt with holster and magazine pouch, water bottle or similar hydration system, smoke and clear eye protection, ear protection, gas mask, gloves, helmet, snacks, weather appropriate gear, ball cap, note taking materials.
Medical Equipment – All medical gear is provided by 911Tacmed – you may bring personal IFAK’s or aid bags for instructor review, but the contents will not be used during the course.
PT Gear – Running Shoes, Shorts, T-shirt.
We have limited sets of individual gear for rental or purchase. If there is something you do not have, contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
Weapons and Ammunition:
- Students bringing weapons – Zeroed M4 or Duty issued rifle with 300 rounds, 4 magazines, and a sling, Duty issued handgun with 200 rounds, a holster, and 3 magazines. Simmunitions / UTM conversion kit with 100 rounds and protective gear
- Students renting weapons but bringing ammo – Bring 300 rounds of 5.56 ammunition and 200 rounds of 9mm ammunition – BRASS CASE ONLY, NO RELOADS. Simmunitions / UTM conversions kits and protective gear will be provided, additional UTM ammunition is available for purchase.
Special Operations Systems – Range 35
11641 S. Interstate 35W, Grandview, TX 76050
Class starts – 0800 on Day 1
Comfort Suites Hotel
400 Village Park Dr., Alvarado, TX 76009
Rate Code: RANGE 35 (Rate code is available by calling the hotel directly)
Rate: $59.00 King – $69.00 double queen
60 hours TCOLE Credit – BASIC SWAT